It’s February Mid-Term, the weather is awful and the kids are stuck indoors. Thankfully baking is the perfect remedy for cabin fever. Our Homemade Sausage Roll recipe is an ideal dish for them to prepare for a wet afternoon movie snack. They’re also great idea if you have a birthday party on the horizon. And they’re super for the school lunch boxes or as an after school snack too!
You Will Need
- 450g of Pork Mince
- 450g of shop bought Puff Pastry
- 1 tsp of thyme
- 1 tsp of basil
- 1/2 tsp of garlic granules
- 1 tsp of ketchup
- 1 beaten egg
How to Prepare
- Preheat your oven to 200C.
- Roll out your pastry and divide it into two even length strips down the middle.
- In a bowl, using your hands, mix together your pork mince, herbs, garlic granules and ketchup.
- Place a layer of your sausage meat mixture down the middle of each pastry strip.
- Brush the beaten egg on the outer edge of one side of the pastry strips.
- Fold the opposite edge of the pastry over onto the egg-washed edge.
- Press down to seal and trim any excess.
- Cut each pastry roll into 8-10 small sausage rolls.
- Place the sausage rolls onto a baking tray and transfer to the oven to bake for about 20-25 minutes, or until crisp and golden and the sausage meat is completely cooked through.