Valentine’s and chocolate go hand in hand! Why not whip-up an extra special treat for the weekend that is in it! Our Chocolate Biscuit Cake is not only the perfect partner pleaser but also makes for the perfect Birthday Cake too!
Enjoy baking and eating! x
You Will Need
- 275g Butter
- 150ml Honey
- 225g Milk Chocolate
- ½ x 400g packet of Digestive Biscuits
- ½ x 400g packet of Rich Tea Biscuits
- 1 packet of Maltesers
- Large handful of marshmallows (optional)
How to Prepare
- Roughly crush the digestive and rich tea biscuits into small chunks together in a bowl.
- Line a small round cake tin or a loaf tin with two layers of greaseproof paper.
- Take a saucepan & add the butter, honey and chocolate.
- Melt slowly and carefully over a low heat.
- Stir frequently to ensure all the ingredients are well mixed together.
- Pour the mixture into the crushed biscuits and stir.
- Add the maltesers and stir all the ingredients together well.
- Spoon the cake mixture into your lined cake tin.
- Using the back of a spoon, level the top of the cake, pressing down the mixture as you go.
- Wrap the entire tin with any excess greaseproof paper and then wrap with cling film on top.
- Place in the fridge for up to 4 hours or overnight
- For an extra indulgence, pour 200g of good quality melted chocolate over and allow to set for 30 minutes in the fridge!