This dish was first introduced to me a few summers back, by my brother-in-law while camping in Bantry Bay in beautiful West Cork! Its ideal for outdoor cooking as its so easy to prepare and it really fills you up after a day of in a sea kayak or exploring! I find the pasta dish combined with the fresh air is a great way to send the kids off for an early night’s sleep!
It also makes for a fantastic hearty family meal this time of year. Packed full of wonderful flavours to warm your soul, from the smokey spiced chorizo, to the finger-lickin’ good chicken and the bittersweet tomato pasta sauce.
You Will Need
- 1/4 leek diced
- 1-2 medium carrots diced
- 10 vine tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp garlic granules
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried mixed herbs
- Black pepper
- 400g of passata
- 10-12 slices of mild chorizo sausage
- leftover chicken or 300g of diced chicken fried off beforehand
- Pasta of your choice
How to Prepare
- Saute the leek with a little oil on a medium heat for about 3-4 minutes in a pan.
- Add your herbs and seasoning, stir well and cook for 1-2 minutes before adding your carrots and chorizo.
- Leave to cook for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- While this is happening prepare your pasta as per the packet instructions.
- After 5 minutes, add your passata and vine tomatoes. Reduce the heat and leave to simmer for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, add your leftover chicken or pre-cooked diced chicken and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Drain your pasta and stir in the Chicken & Chorizo Pasta Sauce.
- Serve on warm plates with garlic bread and a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese on top!