It’s almost Christmas!!! Taste yummy, not too heavy and they make for great table decorations, we love baking little gingerbread characters. The recipe is for gingerbread people but of course, you can bake ginger bread Christmas trees or stars, or trains or… gingerbread whatever cookie cutter shape you have!
You Will Need
- 250g self raising flour
- 75g butter, softened
- 75g soft brown sugar
- 50g honey
- 1 egg yolk
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
How To Prepare
- Preheat your oven to 180°C.
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy using a mixer.
- Add your honey and egg yolk and whisk well.
- Sift the flour and spices into the bowl and mix with a wooden spoon until well mixed.
- Shape into a ball and knead lightly on a work surface until smooth. Wrap and chill in the fridge for about 30 minutes or overnight.
- Once chilled, roll out the dough gently and not too thick.
- Using gingerbread cutters, cut out your shapes, place on lightly greased baking sheets, leaving a space between each.
- Place in oven and bake for about 10-12 minutes until slightly risen and golden in colour.
- Allow to cool on wire tray.
- When completely cool, be as creative as possible with your decorating!