It may not be Summer, in fact Christmas Day is just around the corner but the beauty o Pavlova is thats it’s completely acceptable to serve at any time of the year. A Pavlova is the perfect after dinner indulgence and shouldn’t make you feel guilty… as berries are part of your ‘5-a-day’!
I recently baked a Pavlova as my daughter’s 3rd Birthday cake and the plates were licked clean by herself and eleven of her cousins! It was such a hit, I had to hide slices for the Grandparent’s visit later that evening
If you are not a massive fan of fruit, simply create smaller looking Pavlova nests on your baking tray; Et voila – you have meringues!
Go ahead impress your family and friends with this beautiful baking masterpiece and just listen to the ‘WOWs’ when you present it!
You Will Need
- 120g Icing Sugar
- 170g Castor Sugar
- 4 Egg whites
- 200ml Cream whipped
- Fresh Berries – strawberries, blueberries and raspberries
How to Prepare
- Preheat the oven to 120oC
- Ensure all equipment being used it extremely clean and has no traces of grease. Egg whites do not like grease as it can prevent the egg whites forming into stiff white peaks.
- Line a baking tray with baking parchment or greaseproof paper
- Whisk up the egg whites until they form stiff white peaks like fluffy clouds.
- Mix the icing sugar with the castor sugar.
- Gradually add half of the sugar mix to the egg whites and give a quick whisk after each addition.
- Fold in the remainder of the sugar mix VERY gently.
- Spoon or pipe the mixture out onto your lined baking tray forming a big ring to make a Pavlova.
- Place in the middle of the oven for 1 hour.
- After an hour allow to cool
- Add your cream, followed by your berries and grate some delicious good quality chocolate on top!