There was a time in a previous life when I worked in an office and we would count down the hours until ‘Fat-Friday’. For anyone alien to this concept, ‘Fat-Friday’ was the day that one of us with bring in comfort food for everyone to enjoy. My signature dish was Bacon & Black Pudding Quiche and I have been plagued in the years since for the recipe. I have finally relinquished…ENJOY!
You Will Need
- 300-350g Shortcrust pastry (Pre-made or shop bought)
- 3-4 eggs
- 200-250ml milk or half milk & cream
- 75g cheddar cheese, grated
- 3-4 Bacon/Rashers Slices
- 4-5 Slices of Black Pudding
- 1 tsp mixed herbs or basil
How to Prepare
- Preheat your oven to 180oC (Fan).
- Grease a tart dish (or a tin foil pie dish) very well.
- Place bacon/rashers on a baking tray & cook for about 5 minutes in the oven.
- After 5 minutes add your pudding to the baking tray and cook with the Bacon/Rashers for a further 5 minutes.
- Remove your bacon and pudding from the oven and place on a board to cool & before cutting into pieces.
- In the meantime, flour your work surface & roll out your pastry .
- Place the pastry into your greased tart dish and press the pastry down to fit into the sides.
- In a jug or bowl whisk the eggs & milk well.
- Add cheese to the bottom of the quiche base, sprinkle the herbs, then top with the bacon and black pudding.
- Pour in your milk & egg mixture. Ensuring not to overfill.
- Sprinkle some extra cheese on top if you would like.
- Place in the oven for about 25 minutes until the middle is set and it is golden on top.
- Remove from the oven and allow to set on a wire rack for few moments before cutting.
- Serve with some mixed greens or homemade wedges or both! Enjoy x