The wind is howling and the rain is pouring outside as I write this recipe, but the smell of freshly baked Spiced Banana & Wallnut Oat Bread brings that warm comforting feeling of wholesomeness.
Now I have set the scene, let’s getting cracking on the recipe…
You Will Need
- 300g Oats
- 500ml Low fat yoghurt
- 1 Egg
- 3 Very ripe small to medium sized banana mashed
- 2 tsp Bread soda
- 1 tsp Nutmeg
- 1 tbsp Honey
- Handful of chopped walnuts
How to Prepare
- Preheat your oven to 180oC (Fan).
- Grease a loaf tin very well.
- In a bowl whisk your egg, yoghurt, nutmeg and honey together.
- Add the mashed banana and mix well.
- Now add your dry ingredients (oats, nuts and bread soda) and mix well using a wooden spoon.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf tin and level the top out evenly.
- Place in the middle shelf of oven and bake for 30 minutes at 180oC.
- After the 30 minutes, reduce the oven temperature to 150oC and bake for a further 30 minutes.
- Once baked, remove from the oven and the tin. Allow the bread to cool on wire rack before cutting.
Now Enjoy for breakfast, mid morning or an afternoon snack.