Easy-peasy, light & yummy.
Nothing makes a home party like buns! It seems like you can get your hands on ready-made cupcakes almost everywhere these days but there’s nothing quite like baking your very own batch of buns to mark an occasion. The recipe below makes 10 to 12 buns in a muffin tray.
You Will Need
- 125g Baking Butter
- 125g Castor Sugar
- 125g Self-raising Flour
- 2 eggs
- Drop of Vanilla Extract
- Splash of Milk
How to Prepare
- Line your muffin tin
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees celsius (fan oven)
- In a mixing bowl, beat the butter until smooth, preferably with a hand-mixer.
- Add the sugar and mix well (for about 3 mins). (Add each egg separately, beaten well after you add each one.)
- Gradually add half the flour and mixing well after each addition.
- Once you have added half the flour, pour in the reminder of the flour, a splash of milk and a drop of vanilla.
- Fold gently using a wooden spoon and again mix well.
- Take a dessert spoon size of mixture and fill your pre-lined muffin tin. (Careful not to over fill.)
- Place in oven for 15 minutes until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rack before devouring into them