Struggling with your lunch break…
We all know it can be a bit of work to organise a healthy lunch for ourselves, not the mention the kids! We’ll waste time queuing at a deli to grab a handy roll when deep-down we know if we’d only taken the same time in the kitchen ourselves, we’d enjoy our own food so much more. Here is lovely healthy lunch idea that should take a lot less time than a visit to your local sandwich stop.
Pre-prepared Jar Salad…
You Will Need
- 1 Mason Jar or an old Large Jar(example from Mayonnaise)
- 1 tsp Olive Oil (keep a little for greasing your baking tin)
- 1 tsp Balsamic Vinegar (don’t forget Blackberries are in season!)
- Tin of drained Tuna/Smoked Salmon/Leftover Chicken/Sliced Avocado/Egg
- 1 grated/sprilled Carrot
- Slices of Red onion (optional)
- Sliced Cucumber (optional)
- Couple of Vine Tomatoes (optional)
- 2 fist fulls of Mixed Salad Leaves
- Sprinkle of dried fruit mix
- 1-2 tsp of seeds (example a mix of flaxseeds, pumpkin, sunflower and chia seeds)
How to Prepare
- Layer your ingredients into the Jar starting from the top down.
- At lunchtime grab a plate or bowl and top the contents of the jar onto it.