It’s back to work, back to school and back to routine time…
So here is an easy and delicious recipe to ease us all back into the hectic routine. However, if you’re no longer of a school going age, they still make for a great treat in the staff room or kitchen at break-time to keep the energy levels up and the eyes open!
You Will Need
- 225g Porridge Oats
- 1-2 tbsp of Seeds (example a mix of flaxseeds, pumpkin, sunflower and chia seeds)
- 125g Butter (keep a little for greasing your baking tin)
- 100g Frozen or Fresh berries (don’t forget Blackberries are in season!)
- 4-5 tbsp Honey
- 20cm Square Tin
- Baking Parchment
How to Prepare
- Grease or line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Preheat the oven to 180oC.
- In a mixing bowl, add your oats, seeds and berries. Mix well.
- Add the butter and honey in a saucepan. Over a medium heat, heat the mixture until the butter melts, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from the heat and add it to your oat mix. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into your baking tin. Using the back of a spoon, spread evenly smooth and press down well.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for approx 5 minutes in the baking tray, before cutting into square bars.
- Allow to cool completely in the tin before removing and devouring!