Whats not to love about Beetroots?! They’re low in calories packed full of vitamins and minerals and proven to lower blood pressure and increase stamina when exercising! Best of all, they make for an incredibly tasty and super healthy alternative to meat in your burger…
You will need
- 1 Beetroot grated
- 1 tin of Chickpeas drained
- 1 medium Carrot grated
- 1/4 red Onion finely chopped
- 1 Egg
- Handful of Breadcrumbs
- Pinch of Chili powder
- Pinch of Garlic salt
- Pinch of Sea salt & black pepper
- Splash of Olive Oil
- Splash of Balsamic vinegar
- Couple of Basil leaves
How to prepare
- In a food processor or equivalent add half a tin of chickpeas, breadcrumbs, egg, onion, chilli powder, garlic salt, sea salt, pepper, olive oil, balsamic vinegar and basil leaves and blend on a medium setting.
- In a bowl, add the beetroot, carrot and the remainder of chickpeas,M mix with a fork & mash a couple of the chickpeas.
- Add the contents from the food processor into the bowl with the remainder of ingredients.
- Mix well with the fork or your hand.
- Once mixed, form burgers & place them on a flat surface.
- Place in the fridge for a couple of hours or overnight.
- Once set, fry in a frying pan with a little olive oil for about 4 minutes each side.
- Serve in a pitta bread with your favourite filling even just mayo & ketchup is fab!
It’s ok if the burgers still feel a little wet just handle with care & use a fish slice for ease of cooking! Enjoy x