Is there anything nicer than a decent wedge of banana bread?! The recipe below is a slightly more healthy and wholesome twist on the banana bread we’ve become accustomed to on the counters of cafes. The oat-bread is brimming with flavour and tends not to leave you with that stodgy feeling in your tummy after.
You Will Need
- 300g of Oats
- 3 very ripe bananas mashed
- 300ml of natural of yoghurt
- handful of seeds, chopped walnuts & raisins (add more if you like)
- 2 tsp of bread soda
- 1 egg
- 1tbsp of treacle
How to Prepare
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease a loaf tin well.
- Mix the oats, seeds, walnuts, raisins & bread soda in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk your egg, treacle, mashed banana & yoghurt until well combined.
- Pour this wet mixture into your dry ingredients & mix well until all the dry ingredients are wet.
- Pour into your greased loaf tin. Flatten the top & put a line down the middle of the mixture.
- Sprinkle with some seeds and walnuts, press down with hand so they stay in place…
- Place in your preheated oven for 30 mins.
- After 30mins, reduce the heat to 150 degrees for 30 mins.
- We would recommend removing the bread from the tin & turning upside-down for the last 15mins.
- Once baked, place on a wire rack to cool before diving in.