Looking for something quick, easy, tasty but looks like you have put quiet a lot of thought and romance into your Valentines evening?
How about a mix of tapas and antipasto dishes? This is a wonderful go to meal for one, two or when you have a group of friends around.
Lets get started…
WHAT YOU NEED
Selection for cured meats
Irish Smoked Salmon
Chorizo Sausage cut into thin slices
Cherry Tomatoes halved
Selection of cheeses 9or just one)
Crusty Bread or rolls
Pesto (a mix of Red & Green)
2 Medium Potatoes cut into thin slices
Fresh cracked Black Pepper
A large timber board or platter plate
Wine, champagne or non-alcoholic equivalent
HOW TO PREPARE
1. Take a bowl, add the cherry tomatoes, a couple of teared basil leaves, some black pepper, salt, a splash of olive oil and a half teaspoon of Balsamic Vinegar. Allow to rest until serving.
2. Warm a dry frying pan over a medium heat and add the chorizo slices. Allow to cook for about 3 minutes, flip over and repeat on the other side. Once cooked, place onto kitchen paper to soak up the excess oil.
3. Keeping the remaining oil from the Chorizo in the pan, add your potato slices. (If you had the potatoes prepared from the night before and left them in water, ensure to dry the slices with a cloth before adding to the pan) Cook on both sides until golden brown & crisp. Once cooked, place onto kitchen paper to soak up the excess oil!
4. Slice up your crusty bread anyway you want for dipping, making an open sandwich etc.
5. In little ramekins or serving bowls, add the humus, pesto’s and olive oil with a couple of drops of Balsamic Vinegar.
6. Taking your timber board or platter plate begin to arrange your meats and salmon including the chorizo around the outside, using the cheese, tomatoes, olives & bread as dividers.
7. Use your rocket leaves as a centerpiece. Scatter the strawberries, raspberries and blueberries on top. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle some black pepper on top.
8. Add your potatoes to a serving seperate bowl (something pretty!), sprinkle with a little sea salt and serve on the side along with your dips.
9. Seat back, pour a glass of your drink of choice and enjoy the yummy meal curled up on the couch watching a romantic movie!