This Christmas, why not make your very own treats for Santa and Rudolph’s stop-over. Below we’ve included the recipe and simple steps to keep the jolly old Saint Nick and his chief navigator energised as they visit the children all around the world. You might want to get the help of a grownup!
Santa’s Favourite Oat Cookies
You Will Need
- 225g Porridge Oats
- 225g Self Raising Flour
- 225g Butter
- 100g Castor Sugar
- 1 tbsp jam
- 1 tbsp honey
How to make
- Grease or line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Preheat the oven to 180oC.
- In a mixing bowl add the oats & flour and mix together.
- Take a saucepan, add the butter, honey, jam and sugar. Over a medium heat, heat the mixture until the butter melts.
- Remove from the heat and add it to the oats. Mix well.
- Drop a dessert-spoon size of mixture onto your baking tray and form into cookie shapes.
- Place in the oven for 15 – 20mins until golden brown.
- Remove from oven & allow to cool on a wire rack.
- If there is Chocolate left over from the Chocolate dipped carrot, drizzle some over the cookies using a spoon & dust with icing sugar.
- Place a couple on a lovely plate to serve to Santa.
Chocolate Dipped Carrot
You will need
- 1 Carrot
- 4 – 5 Pieces of Chocolate
How to make
- Take a saucepan and fill it half way with some water.
- Place on a hob. Choose a ring size which suits the saucepan.
- Get a heat proof bowl and place it on top of your saucepan. Making sure the bottom of the bowl is not touching the water.
- Turn on your hob to a medium heat.
- Add your Chocolate pieces and allow to melt, ensuring to stir occasionally.
- While the chocolate is melting, wash and gently scrub the carrot.
- Once the Chocolate is melted, take it off the heat (make sure to turn your hob off).
- Take the top of your carrot and start to dip it in and out of the chocolate, covering as much as you can.
- Once the carrot is covered in chocolate, place it on a wire rack with some cling film or parchment paper underneath to catch any drips.
- Allow to set before serving with Santa’s cookies!
Warm Glass of Milk
What you will need
- 250ml of milk
- Plastic measuring Jug
- A nice drinking glass
How to make
- Pour 250ml of milk into a plastic measuring jug.
- Place it in a microwave.
- Heat the milk for 1 and half minutes.
- Using a cloth or oven mitt, remove the milk carefully from the microwave.
- Using the spout side of the jug, carefully pour the milk into the drinking glass.
- Place it along with your Oat Cookies and Rudolph’s Chocolate carrot in a spot where Santa won’t miss them!
For more fun recipes like these make sure you get your hands on the Duck Egg & Lime Kids Cooking Recipes & Activities Workbook