Here’s a quick and super simple recipe from our Kid’s Cooking Camps we ran this summer. The little chefs loved baking these delicious oat cookies to enjoy on their morning break.
With schools reopening this week, a homemade cookie could be the prefect goody for their lunch boxes. They also make a great treat for Mom’s or Dad’s to enjoy with a cuppa while your little ones are at school!
You Will Need
- 225g Porridge Oats
- 225g Self Raising Flour
- 225g Butter
- 100-150g Castor Sugar
- 2 tbsp honey (or 1 tbsp jam & 1 tbsp honey)
How to Prepare
- Grease or line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Preheat the oven to 180oC.
- In a mixing bowl add the oats & flour and mix together.
- Take a saucepan, add the butter, honey (or honey & jam) and sugar. Over a medium heat, heat the mixture until the butter melts.
- Remove from the heat and add it to the oats. Mix well.
- Drop a dessertspoon size of mixture onto your baking tray & form into cookie shapes.
- Place in the oven for 15-20mins until golden brown.
- Remove from oven & allow to cool for a couple of minutes on the baking tray before transferring to a wire rack.