I recently baked this light and fluffy chocolate cake with my nieces & nephews one rainy afternoon. Quick and simple, it’s the perfect recipe to keep your kids busy during the Summer Holidays. There is very little in the way of wash-up too as everything goes into one bowl!
A quick reminder that our upcoming Kids Cooking Camp takes place in Scariff’s Community Co-op this July and August. Places are filling up fast so make sure to book your child’s place today.
In the mean time, grab an apron, the ingredients and let’s get baking!
You Will Need
- 150g self raising flour, sifted
- 50g cocoa powder
- 150g caster sugar
- 80g butter, softened
- 125ml milk
- 2 eggs
How to Prepare
- Preheat the oven to 180oC in a fan oven.
- Grease or line a 24cm cake tin and leave to one side
- Place all the ingredients into bowl.
- Using a mixer or hand mixer, mix all the ingredients together for 5 minutes on the high setting.
- Once done, pour mixture into the cake tin & bake in the oven for 35 to 40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, allow to rest in the tin for a few moments before removing and allowing to cool on a wire rack.