I’m not one for eating convenience breakfast cereals, and that’s mainly because of the crazy amounts of unnecessary sugar they contain. Instead of a bowl of processed sugar, Granola is my go to morning kick starter. There are plenty of extremely healthy options on our supermarket shelves, however be careful as many do include extra added sugar! Instead, I make my own using a base recipe of oats, seeds, honey & coconut oil.
The below recipe is Duck Egg & Lime’s very own delicious crunchy & sweet Almond & Raspberry Granola. Top your Granola with some natural yoghurt and fresh fruit and enjoy any time of the day. It also even makes for a great option as a post workout meal. And if you prefer a Gluten Free option, then pick up a bag of Gluten Free Oats!
Feel free to share or send us your feedback on this delicious healthy recipe!
Almond & Raspberry Granola
You Will Need
- 170g Oats
- 45g of roughly chopped Almonds (keep them quite big for crunchiness)
- 20g of Sunflower & Pumpkin Seeds
- 2 tsp of Chia Seeds
- 3 tbsp of good quality Honey
- 2 tbsp of Rapeseed/Olive Oil
- 1/2 tsp of Vanilla or Almond essence
- 50-60g of fresh or frozen Raspberries
How to Make
- Pre-heat your oven to 150 degrees.
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl except the raspberries.
- Using your hands, mix and toss all the ingredients.
- Spread the mixture out onto a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven add the raspberries and place bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Cool the Granola on the baking sheet before serving or storing.
- Store the granola in an airtight container in a cool, dry place for up to 3-4 weeks.
- Dried fruit is can addition also and can be added in at step 5 above.