As Summer is finally here, I decided I to share this recipe with my Duck Egg & Lime Instagram and Facebook followers and it seemed to go down a treat. This Turkey and Pesto pasta is the perfect dish to enjoy with a with a glass of crisp white wine or rose for a long warm evening (any excuse to have a midweek glass of vino!)
What I love about this recipe is that it only takes 30 minutes to prepare and cook – so you’ll spend less time in the kitchen and have more time outside to soak up glorious sunshine.
Feel free to share or send us your feedback on this delicious healthy recipe!
Turkey & Asparagus Pesto Pasta Recipe
You Will Need
- Turkey Breast cut into strips or chunks
- 2 fistfuls of Wholemeal Pasta
- 1 tbsp of Fresh Pesto
- 4 – 5 Asparagus washed & cut into 3
- 3 – 4 Mushrooms sliced
- Half a sliced Onion
- 2 – 3 Garlic Cloves cut in half
- Freshly ground Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Half a tablespoon of Paprika
How to Make
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees.
- Bring a saucepan of water to the boil & add your pasta. Cook for 20 mins.
- In a wok or frying pan add your Turkey meat to cook until no traces of pink are left (roughly 6 to 8 mins).
- While Turkey is frying, add your Asparagus & garlic to a baking tray. Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with pepper & paprika and toss until coated. Place in the oven.
- Transfer the Turkey, along with your sliced mushrooms & onions to the baking tray with asparagus. Bake for 10 mins.
- Check your pasta. If cooked, drain and transfer into your wok or frying pan.
- Remove baking tray, and discard the cloves of garlic.
- Add the reminding contents from the baking tray to your pan with the Pasta.
- Add your pesto and toss all your ingredients together in the pan over a low a heat for a couple of minutes.
- Serve on your favourite plate and enjoy with a chilled glass of wine!